Regular Bathtubs and Walk-In Baths; the most sought after the answer is what are walk-in baths and why not conventional bathtubs? Let us start with a simple thought of defining Walk-In Baths. Walk in Baths can be defined as special baths or tubs having doors that open and close at a side of the bath tub. So, one of the major advantage over regular bathtubs is the elimination of the need to enter the tub lifting one’s legs. This is very beneficial for senior citizens considering their fight against weaker bones and muscles.
Here we look at few benefits of Walk-In Baths:
- Easy Accessibility: As we have seen the major reason for choosing Walk In Baths tubs is the ease of use. When talking about people with walking difficulties, the walk-in tub offers precise and effective help.
- Floor Flooding Issue Control: Being in a very confined space, the spilling of water on the floor is minimized to a large extent. This helps on saving the time on cleanliness.
- Safety: With proper convenience for usage as well the less mess, makes it quite safe when compared to its counterpart. The spilling of water is very dangerous if the person is unaware of it and falling may induce severe injuries. Thus, this makes the Walk-In baths a little better than the usual bathtubs.
Well, when we see the merits of the Walk-In Baths, downsides must be heeded as well:
- Space Constraints: These Baths are usually shaped like a chair, where the person can enter from one end. This restricted space makes it difficult to move for a long time and stay in a single position which might get exhausting for older people.
- Powerful Water Heating Arrangement: As, we have to fill the tub up to the right temperature, an efficient water heating system is a must if the tubs are to be utilized to their full potential.